Industrial Field Service Technician
Location: Tempe, AZ
Experienced, motivated, high energy, team player industrial field service technician wanted for fast growing company. 99% travel throughout the Southwest US. Some International Travel.
Send your resume to email@example.com
Motivated, high energy,team player industrial field service technician wanted for fast growing company - based in Tempe, AZ - 100% travel in the Southwest and throughout the US, Hawaii, Guam and occasional international. Career opportunities with a young team in a growing company!
Major areas of responsibility will be to assist with and/or perform preventative maintenance, repairs and service of industrial equipment. This may take place on-site or in the field. Additional responsibilities include facilities maintenance and packaging/shipping/handling duties. This position requires knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and experience in troubleshooting such systems. Keeps the voice of the customer at the forefront at all times
1. Assist with and/or perform inspection &repair/maintenance of industrial equipment.
2. Package and prepare products/parts/supplies for shipment.
3. Receive packages/shipments.
4. May assist with stocking of inventory. Will pull and prepare inventory as directed.
5. Facilities maintenance as directed by manager.
6. Local pick-up/delivery of parts and supplies.
7. Preparation of parts and rework kits for shipment or travel to work site.
8. Maintains cleanliness of work areas.
9. Assist with and/or perform preventative maintenance & inspection of equipment at the customer site. Ordering of and replacement of parts as necessary
10. Assist with installation, start-up, and testing of new equipment at customer site.
11. Troubleshooting components/functions, equipment issues.
12. Equipment assembly work as needed.
13. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Use of standard test
instruments and hand tools required.
14. Maintain rigorous record of equipment problems/failures and service history.
15. Maintains and/or establishes professional customer relationships with appropriate
16. Produce timely and accurate trip/expense reports following service calls
17. Assists with/or maintains cleanliness, interior and exterior, of company vehicles.
18. Assists with/or maintains accurate inventory of parts and equipment stored in company
19. Compliance with company standard operating and safety procedures.
20. Travel required, often on short notice.
1. May be required to operate a fork lift and similar equipment.
2. May be required to perform additional related duties assigned by service manager.
3. Performs assigned duties with minimum or no personal supervision from the manager.
4. Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance and
suggestions for product improvements. Reports potential product sales leads to Field
Service Technician or manager.
5. As applicable, initiate and close sales for parts, replacement parts and preventative
1. High school, 2 year associate degree preferred.
2. 2 years minimum of experience in field or related area. Five plus years preferred.
3. Strong knowledge and background in mechanical, plumbing, electrical and electronic
4. Familiar with mechanical and electrical equipment.
5. Knowledge of PLC's with ability to understand & read ladder logic preferred.
6. Able to understand mechanical, electrical, and electronic/computer hardware functionality
and use knowledge to troubleshoot equipment.
7. Ability to troubleshoot digital and analog circuitry to component level preferred.
8. Experience in evaluation, troubleshooting and repair of electric motors.
9. Strong customer orientation.
10. Dependable and hands-on. Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well
organized and detail oriented. Hard working, honest and ability to work effectively under
11. Understanding of the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
12. Ability and willingness to learn the skills needed to become an experienced Field Service
13. Computer skills including experience with Microsoft office applications
14. Fluent in English with the ability to communicate effectively.
15. Ability to travel extensively.
16. Drivers license and excellent driving record required.
17. Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds; and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
18. Ability to work outside under various environmental conditions. Agility and ability to work
under physical conditions that may be rigorous and demanding
Benefits include health insurance, optional dental and vision plans, paid vacation, training, company computer and phone, etc. A great career opportunity with a young team in a growing company.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.